Person-Centered Practices Tip Sheet
- The person is priority – individual desires, goals, insight, and values should be respected and at the center of planning
- The power to choose – decisions should be decided WITH the individual and not for
- Community inclusion – individuals should have full access to the community while maintaining dignity
- Services and supports – a multidisciplinary holistic approach to address needs of the individual including natural supports as desired
- Inform – maintain open communication/adjust your approach to ensure clear understanding of options and decisions
Focus on strengths. Remember that the effects of a brain injury are different for each person.