- Brain Injury In North Dakota
Signs and Symptoms of Brain Injury
No two brains are exactly alike, and the signs and symptoms of a brain injury also vary.
Here’s a short list of signs of a brain injury:
- One pupil that is larger than the other
- Drowsiness or the inability to wake up
- A headache that gets worse and won’t go away
- Slurred speech, weakness, numbness or decreased coordination
- Repeated vomiting or nausea, convulsions or seizures
- Unusual behavior, increased confusion, restlessness or agitation
- Loss of consciousness, even briefly
What Should I Do if I Think I Might Have a TBI?
Brain injuries should not be taken lightly. If you or someone you know experiences an impact to the head and
develops any symptoms of TBI, seek medical advice even if symptoms seem mild.
In particular, you should always call 911 or go to an emergency room if you experience loss of consciousness, confusion, or disorientation.