Brain Injury Basics Training
8:00 am – 4:00 pm Central
Join the North Dakota Brain Injury Network (NDBIN) for free virtual training on caring for individuals following a brain injury. Participants will engage in a fun-filled day of discussions, presentations, and case studies related to the brain injury world.
Following training, participants can choose to take a final exam and receive a formal certificate of completion. This new training was developed to be less intensive than the Certified Brain Injury Specialist, but more engaging than the online courses.
The training is based on an interactive approach and will provide direct care staff, peer support specialists and caregivers of individuals with brain injury:
- A general knowledge of brain injury and what that means for the individuals they serve,
- Practical techniques for handling difficult behaviors of individuals with brain injury, and
- Building rapport for the individuals within their care.
This course should be taken every other year to stay current on trends within the brain injury world.
Social Work CEUs are available.
General Items Needed
- Computer with access to Zoom
- Notebook and writing utensil
- Optional: access to printer to print slides
How to Apply
Deadline: February 17 @ noon
Carly Endres, Senior Project Coordinator, North Dakota Brain Injury Network at carly.endres@UND.edu or (701) 777-8004